First of all, I actually didn't do one of my monthly-repeats (GASP!). I didn't clean off our clutter desk twice this month. I did it once. So sue me. But, you know, I did keep up with my blogging (bare minimum style), so that's something.
Also done in June:
18. Get a fireproof safe. Just, you know, as a safety/preparedness thing. I'm planning on keeping our family emergency binder in there, which I'll be reorganizing later this year as another goal.
24. Make a pie from scratch. I made this pie from Emily's lovely blog, using her pie crust recipe and everything. I was actually surprised at how easy it was! I'll have to make pies more often.
27. Potty train Madelyn. I'm not sure I can say this is totally done. It's a process, people! But we have made so much progress.
30. Read 32 books. Dude, am I ever going to actually get caught up on this? I'm always just a little bit behind. Maybe more so, with only one book this month (?!?!?) In my defense, I've already finished a book for July and am halfway through another. Anyway, my book for June was:
The Lightning Thief: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 1 by Rick Riordan. I was so entertained by this book. I've been meaning to read the series for a long time and finally took the plunge. They are really written for younger readers, like older kids or pre-teens, but I thought it was just so much fun to read, so I give it 5 stars for what it is. I think my kids will love these someday.
And, just like that, it's July! And 1.2 million degrees outside!
Okay, so a couple revisions. They are actually pretty drastic, but if they prove too easy I can always add back on to them, right?
2. Re-memorize all scripture masteries and references. I've cut this down to just Book of Mormon scripture masteries and references. There are just so many, and I was surprised at how many I had completely forgotten. So this is way more realistic. Again, we'll see if it's too easy, but I think I'll have my hands full with it.
3. Learn to play all the hymn in the hymnbook (comfortably). I'm pretty sad about having to trim this down. It's always been a dream of mine to just be able to pound out any hymn at a moment's notice (which is sometimes what you have as a pianist). But trying to achieve this goal has made me realize how little time I have to actually play the piano nowadays. I mean, I can't play when the girls are awake, because they automatically want to play with me. But...I can't play when they're asleep either, because, well, duh. So it's kind of a conundrum. Anyway, I've cut this waaaay down to just mastering 10 new hymns. So, you know, kind of a let down. But definitely more realistic.
One I'm on the fence about is 15. Finish Maddy's room. Her room definitely needs some finishing touches, but I'm reluctant to do it because we aren't quite sure when we'll be moving Charly out of the nursery and into Maddy's room. So I don't want to have to redo the room twice.
All righty, I think you are all updated. Don't blow anything up tomorrow.